When I search for REFFIND in the Google Play Store I can't find it!
REFFIND requires the Android operating system version 4.2 or above to be installed (this is the operating system of the phone, just like Windows is the operating system for PC computers). If you have an older version, the app simply won't appear in the Google Play Store on your device. Upgrading your operating system will result in a better experience when using your mobile phone, so we recommend doing this. However, please ensure your device is backed up properly before upgrading. For more information on upgrading, please refer to the user manual for your device.
- 'Unfortunately something went wrong with your request, please try again later'
Sometimes communication between the app and our servers can't get to where they need to go. This could be due to a temporary outage from your phone provider, interference from a wifi network, or some other reason that only a geek would fully understand. Usually these issues will resolve themselves quickly of their own accord, so please try again soon to see if it works. However if it doesn't work, try the following:
- If you are connected to wifi, try switching off wifi and trying again using your phone's internet connection.
- If you are using your phone's 3G or 4G network (which will be displayed in the top bar of your screen), try connecting to wifi if there is a suitable network available.
- Close the app and then re-open. There are different ways of doing this depending on the Android device you're using - for further instructions, scroll to the bottom of this article.
- If you’re unable to resolve the issue, please contact us and we’ll get you back on track!
My app appears to be frozen
This is a similar issue to the error messages mentioned above. The app may freeze temporarily when it loses connection with the server, so please follow the same troubleshooting process as written above.
This means you no longer have an internet connection. It may occur because you are out of range of a mobile tower, or your phone company may be having some transmission problems.
If there is a suitable wifi network available, you could try connecting to it. Otherwise you will either have to wait until your are back in range of your provider’s mobile data network, or until your phone carrier rectifies the problem.
1. Always make sure you have the latest version of REFFIND installed on your phone. To check if REFFIND needs updating, click on the Google Play Store and tap the hamburger menu (3 horizontal bars) in the top left of the screen. Scroll down until you see REFFIND in the list. If it has the word "Update" next to it, click on it to get the latest version of the app.
TIP: to turn on auto-updates for REFFIND, check out our support article.
2. Try closing the app and re-opening it. There are different ways of doing this depending on the Android device you're using - for further instructions, scroll to the bottom of this article.
3. Try leaving and re-joining the company.
- Inside the REFFIND app, click on the settings cog in the top right corner.
- Click 'My Company' at the top of the screen.
- Click on 'Leave this referral program' at the very bottom of the screen and click 'Yes' on the red confirmation screen.
- Click on the email address field which will show on the next screen, and re-enter your company email address.
- Press 'Go' or 'Send' and you should be reconnected with your company again.
4. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again.
- Navigate to Settings on your device
- Click 'Apps' or "Applications" in the sub menu
- Find the REFFIND app and click on it
- Click on 'Uninstall'
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for REFFIND and click 'Install'
If at any time you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly Support Team via our contact form or phone on 1300 491 049.
Instructions On How To Close An App on Android Devices
Click on the 'Recent Apps' button (see below), then swipe away the REFFIND app to close it.
From the home screen click on the 'Settings' icon (this can appear differently on different devices). Now click 'Apps' or 'Applications' in the menu. Find the REFFIND app and click on it. Then click either 'Stop' or 'Force Stop' to close the app.