When I try to install REFFIND in the App Store it prompts me to upgrade my iOS version
REFFIND requires iOS version 8.0 or above (this is the operating system of the phone, just like Windows is the operating system for PC computers). Upgrading your iOS will result in a better experience when using your mobile phone, so we recommend doing this. However please ensure your device is backed up properly before upgrading. For more information on upgrading, click here.
- 'Oops! There was a problem actioning that card. Please try again shortly'
- 'There was a problem contacting the server. Please try again shortly'
Sometimes communication between the app and our servers can't get to where it needs to go. This could be due to a temporary outage from your phone provider, interference from a wifi network, or some other reason that only a geek would fully understand. Usually these issues will resolve themselves quickly of their own accord, so please try again soon to see if it works. However if it doesn't work, try the following:
- If you are connected to wifi, try switching off wifi and trying again using your phone's internet connection.
- If you are using your phone's 3G or 4G network (which will be displayed in the top bar of your screen), try connecting to wifi if there is a suitable network available.
- Close the app and then re-open. Do this by double clicking the Home button on the front of the device, and then swiping the REFFIND app upwards. Click the Home button once more and then click on the REFFIND app icon to re-open.
- If you’re unable to resolve the issue, please contact us and we’ll get you back on track!
My app appears to be frozen
This is a similar issue to the error messages mentioned above. The app may freeze temporarily when it loses connection with the server, so please follow the same troubleshooting process as written above.
This means you no longer have an internet connection. It may occur because you are out of range of a mobile tower, or your phone company may be having some transmission problems.
If there is a suitable wifi network available, you could try connecting to it. Otherwise you will either have to wait until your are back in range of your provider’s mobile data network, or until your phone carrier rectifies the problem.
1. Always make sure you have the latest version of REFFIND installed on your phone. To check if REFFIND needs updating, click on the App Store and then click Updates on the bottom right. If you see REFFIND in the list with a button that says the word Update on it, then please click that button to get the latest version of the app.
TIP: to turn on auto-updates for REFFIND, check out our support article.2. Try closing the app and re-opening it. Double click the Home button on the front of the device, and then swipe the REFFIND app upwards. Click the Home button once more and then click on the REFFIND app icon to re-open.
3. Try leaving and re-joining the company.
- Inside the REFFIND app, click on the settings cog in the top right corner.
- Click 'My Company' at the top of the screen.
- Click on 'Leave this referral program' at the very bottom of the screen and click 'Yes' on the red confirmation screen.
- Click on your email address which will show on the next screen, and the keypad will appear.
- Simply press 'Send' and you should be reconnected with your company again.
4. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again. Hold you finger down on the REFFIND app icon on your home screen until all the apps start jiggling with a cross on them. Click the cross on the REFFIND app, and then click Delete. Then open the App Store, search for REFFIND and download again.
If at any time you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly Support Team via our contact form or phone on 1300 491 049.